Unicum is a very special girl for us. Not just because of her beautiful look and exceptional talent, but also because of the story behind her. Its actually quite a sad story, because Unicum’s mom, Bringa started to abort about 10 days before the actual delivery date and with dogs pups cannot survive, if they are born more than 3 days earlier. We didn’t know the reason behind the abortion- only later did we find out, that Bringa had a staphylococcus infection in her uterus- so with my vet’s supervision and instructions, we were trying to keep the pups in there as long as we could, without risking the mother’s life. Bringa had to drink Unicum (a Hungarian liqueur made of herbs) every day, do relax her wombs. We took her to ultrasound every day, to check her and the pups, and we could see that puppies started to die in her, but some were still alive. We scheduled her C-section when we thought its already safe to take out the living pups. We still have 2 live pups (and lost 5). Given the circumstances, were were very pleased with the 2 live ones and that Bringa was also doing okay. Unicum was the smaller puppy (which you would not tell by now). Sadly we lost the other puppy at day 3, when Bringa, who quite restless in the early days, rolled her under the blanked and accidentally suffocated her. Both her and us were heartbroken. But looking all these from a brighter side, we still had one puppy surviving, who ended up a very special one. She is beautiful, smart, super talented and is a very confident, loving dog. We named her Unicum, after the liqueur that saved her life.
HJCH Zoldmali Unicum
- Hungarian Junior Champion (HJCH)
- 4 x HPJ
- 4x JBOB
- 2x BOS
- Junior Club Winner 2020
- AV- Natural Ability Test- Max Score
- VAV- Hunting Aptitude Test- Max score
- VMV- In the footsteps of her mom (who did this test at 9 and half months in 1st prize) at only 10 and half months of age, Unicum accomplished the highest level spring field and water test, and gained her Internation Work Certificate. It was an extremely challenging test, with heavy rain and wind all day. Unicum did all parts of field work (hunting, pointing, retrieves, tracking) with maximum score, but by the end of the day, she was soaked and wet and didn’t do that well in the reed work, so she ended up in 3rd prize. But hey, with 10,5 months, its a pretty big thing to pass this test, and with so high scores. Most dogs who do it are 2 years old or older. Unicum has a very bright future, and this performance also shows her high trainability and cooperation. Unicum is everything one can wish for. Beauty and brain with big heart and passion to work.
- ÖTV 1st prize at 13 months of age (Hungarian HZP with live duck search)
- HUU clear
- Longhair gene free
- Eyes clear